Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Polynomial Factoring Scavenger Hunt #Made4Math


Hi all! It has been a while since I have posted, but I created this awesome scavenger hunt and wanted to share.

I cannot take all of the credit. I got the idea from my math coach, Jason Bragg. He gave me the template and I used  this polynomial calculator to create my polynomials. There are a total of 9 polynomials. The first page are the zeros for the second page polynomial. The 3rd page are the zeros for the fourth page's polynomial, etc. I set the 1st page aside, took the 2nd and 3rd page and taped it up on a wall, so that the zeros were visable and the polynomial was flipped underneath. I continued this around the room in no particular order, and ended my last polynomial with my first page.

Here a student is holding flipped up to see the polynomial. The previous answer is on the other side.
Students were given the "Recording Sheet" and given a place to start. As they figured out their zeros, they moved on to the next problem. I work in 90 minute blocks, and we almost had time to finish all of the problems. I wasn't sure how this was going to go because I had never done a scavenger hunt, but the students soaked it up. We had a blast!!

Want the document? Here it is!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/126269154/Polynomial-Factoring-Scavenger-Hunt

I have included and answer key so that you are ready to go!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your activity. I was wondering if you could post another link because scribd now charges for downloading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not able to download as it is charging for downloading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun activity but yes scribd is charging?

    ReplyDelete