Tuesday, November 20, 2012

#Made4Math - Systems of Equations with 3 variables and 3 equations



It has been a long while since I have blogged. I started in the summer, when I had plenty of free time. I don't know how everyone finds time during the school year. I am posting today because I have the week off and I am planning.

When I was teaching Algebra 2 last year, we hit systems of equations, and I noticed how my students struggled. So when we got to 3 variables, 3 equations, I came up with a "cheat sheet," or a problem already solved, and we worked it together. The students found this very helpful, as they could digest the information without worrying about getting everything written down and not having time to process. This year I am taking it one step further.

Front page of booklet. Students will follow along with this problem.

These two problems will be worked together as a fill in.

I borrowed the booklet idea from @druinok, and I love using it!

Get booklet here.

No comments:

Post a Comment